Your browser does not support the HTML5 canvas tag.
Από τον Τσίπρα ως τον Κόρμπιν και τον Σάντερς: δεν είναι αυτή η Αριστερά που θέλουμε / Already confirmed: Civil liberties under attack! / The EFD-IMF sociopaths(?) continue to play their games over the Greek ruins / How the global financial mafia sucked Greece's blood / ECB's economic hitmen / The German Thatcher confirms bureaufascists' plans! / Η Μέρκελ επιβεβαιώνει τα σχέδια των γραφειοφασιστών! / Explaining the Greek paradox / Proxy wars everywhere, the planet already in flames ... / "Proxy" πόλεμοι παντού, ο πλανήτης είναι ήδη στις φλόγες ... / Ένας παγκόσμιος "proxy" πόλεμος κατά της ελευθερίας έχει ξεκινήσει! / 'Fixing' Latin America for Hillary? / Ο επικεφαλής του "σκιώδους συμβουλίου" της ΕΚΤ επιβεβαιώνει ότι η ευρωζώνη είναι μια χρηματοπιστωτική δικτατορία! / It has started: A global proxy war against freedom! / Βαρουφάκης: Το ΤΧΣ δεν ελέγχεται από το δημόσιο! / Η Ευρώπη συνθλίβεται από τους φασίστες, τους ισλαμοφασίστες, τους γραφειοφασίστες και τα αφεντικά τους / Europe crushed by the fascists, islamofascists, bureaufascists and their masters / Δεν γίνεται έτσι "σύντροφοι" ... / Panama Papers: When mainstream information wears the anti-establishment mask / The Secret Bank Bailout / The head of the ECB “shadow council” confirms that eurozone is a financial dictatorship! / A documentary by Paul Mason about the financial coup in Greece / Lagarde completely covers the IMF economic hitmen / First cracks to the establishment by the American people / From Tsipras to Corbyn and Sanders: This is not the Left we want / Συνεχίζεται το κουκλοθέατρο από τις μαριονέτες των πλουτοκρατών / Επιχείρηση Panama Papers: Το κατεστημένο θέλει το μονοπώλιο και στις διαρροές; / Operation "looting of Greece" reaches final stage / IMF says ... "neoliberalism"! / France officialy enters the neo-Feudal era!

26 August, 2016

Historic agreement: FARC and Colombia govt to announce final deal

FARC to participate in Colombia's 2018 elections

In a landmark moment in Colombia's history, the government of President Juan Manuel Santos and the country's left-wing FARC rebels are set to announce a final peace accord Wednesday in Havana, Cuba, after nearly four years of negotiations between the two sides of the conflict, according to sources close to the peace process.

A deal is imminent to close the negotiations,” a government official told reporters Tuesday, adding that an announcement would likely take place around 7 p.m. local time in Havana. Earlier on Tuesday, FARC leader Timoleon Jimenez, known as Timochenko, wrote on his Twitter account, "We are at the doors of important announcements that bring us close to the final deal." The Twitter account of the government peace negotiation team shared a photo of FARC and government negotiators, standing interspersed together, with the caption, "The day is approaching."

The two sides of the negotiating table have been in the process of reviewing a draft deal in recent days. The document is set to be made public Wednesday afternoon. The historic deal will mark the end of 52 years of armed internal conflict between government forces and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, founded in 1964 on Marxist demands for agrarian reform and rights for rural communities. The conflict is the longest-running civil war in Latin America.

More:


Colombia’s soon-to-demobilize FARC guerilla army will participate in the country’s next general elections in 2018 as part of the final peace agreement with the government that ends a civil war that has raged for 52 years.

In a government press conference Thursday, the day after the much-anticipated announcement of a final peace deal and the end of negotiations in Havana, Cuba, official negotiators stressed that the historic agreement offers an opportunity for a new era of political participation.

According to the final text of the peace agreement, the FARC will be guaranteed five seats in both Colombia’s lower house of Congress and the Senate in the next two election cycles in 2018 and 2022. The movement will still run in the elections as part of the process of securing those seats. Only if the FARC’s new political party falls short of winning the five seats would the remainder of guaranteed representatives be assigned.

More:

Car bomb destroys Turkish police building in Cizre, at least 9 dead

At least nine people killed and dozens more injured in border town attack blamed on PKK militants

A car bomb blamed on Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) rebels on Friday exploded outside a police headquarters in Turkey's southeastern town of Cizre, killing at least nine people according to security sources.

The bomb attack, which struck a checkpoint about 50 metres from the building, caused immense damage to the headquarters of the special anti-riot police force in Cizre, with television pictures showing an immense plume of black smoke heading into the sky.

Security sources told the Reuters news agency that at least nine people had been killed and 64 others injured.

Full report:


Who believes Erdogan?

An estimation about the recent Turkish invasion in North Syria


It's hard for someone to believe that the Turkish ground forces invaded North Syria to fight ISIS. It seems that the US officials decided to calm down Tayyip Erdoğan and let him play his game for a while, in order to make him forget Fethullah Gülen and the failed coup of July.

Obama doesn't want to risk further with the unpredictable Turkish leader, especially after he showed that he may turn to Putin. Obama also wants to leave without risking further mess in the Middle East chaotic puzzle. He will leave the "hot potato" to the hands of the next US presidency.

Erdoğan knows that he has limited time before Clinton or Trump in the US presidency. Therefore, he tries to take as much as he can and negotiate from a power position when the Syrian hell will end someday.

Right now, Erdoğan's main concern is to retain his agenda, thus exploit the chaos in Syria to enhance the Syrian Turkomans and fulfill his dreams for territorial and influential expansion in the wider Middle East. This explains why Turkey demanded YPG Kurdish forces to retreat back to the east of the Euphrates. Through this move, he tries to maintain an open corridor between Turkey and Syrian Turkomans, but also, to sabotage the Kurdish attempt for an autonomous entity in North Syria.

Meanwhile, it seems that everyone forgot Assad, or, at least accepted him as an intermediate necessity before the final redrawing of the Syrian map. Therefore, all the key players try to focus on their agendas.

For this reason, it is unlikely that the US will abandon Kurds and the plan for a Kurdish state because they have invested so much in this perspective all the past years. While Obama wants to leave quietly without further trouble, it is almost certain that the next US president will not abandon these plans so easily, just for the sake of Erdoğan.

Read also:


25 August, 2016

Ο Τσίπρας συνεχίζει να έχει αυταπάτες ...

του system failure

Αφού βρήκε κλειστές πόρτες στην άλλη πλευρά του Ατλαντικού, ο Αλέξης Τσίπρας θα δοκιμάσει την τύχη του στον Ευρωπαϊκό χώρο, με την πρωτοβουλία για τη διάσκεψη των Μεσογειακών χωρών της Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης στην Αθήνα στις 9 Σεπτεμβρίου. Εντωμεταξύ, έξι χρόνια έχουν ήδη περάσει από τη στιγμή που η Ελλάδα πέρασε το κατώφλι της νεοφιλελεύθερης κόλασης, που της επιβλήθηκε από τους δανειστές και κατέστρεψε την οικονομία.

Από τον Γάλλο επίτροπο, Πιερ Μοσκοβισί, μέχρι και τον Αμερικανό υπουργό οικονομικών, Τζακ Λιου, το νεοφιλελεύθερο κατεστημένο της Δύσης επαναλαμβάνει μονότονα την ανάγκη για περισσότερες "μεταρρυθμίσεις". Δηλαδή, περισσότερο ξεπούλημα δημόσιας περιουσίας μέσω ιδιωτικοποιήσεων έναντι πινακίου φακής, περισσότερη "ευελιξία" στα εργασιακά, περισσότερη καταστροφή του κοινωνικού κράτους, περισσότερη λιτότητα.

Και όλα αυτά, παρά τις αμέτρητες καταστροφές που επέφεραν οι πολιτικές του ΔΝΤ στο παρελθόν σε άλλες χώρες. Παρά τις συνεχείς παραδοχές στελεχών του για τραγικά λάθη που έγιναν στο Ελληνικό πρόγραμμα. Παρά την πρόσφατη έκθεση του Ανεξάρτητου Γραφείου Αξιολόγησης (ΙΕΟ) του Ταμείου, επίσης για τα τραγικά λάθη σχετικά με το Ελληνικό πρόγραμμα. Παρά το γεγονός ότι Τόμσεν και Βελκουλέσκου "πιάστηκαν στα πράσα" να σκέφτονται την πιθανότητα ενός νέου οικονομικού πραξικοπήματος τύπου Ντράγκι, ως μοχλό πίεσης στον Τσίπρα, προκειμένου να εφαρμόσει όλα τα βάρβαρα μέτρα που θέλουν οι δανειστές.

Όμως, αν ρίξει κανείς μια ματιά στους βασικούς παίχτες με τους οποίους ο Τσίπρας κάνει μια νέα απόπειρα να βρει συμμάχους, ώστε να ξεφύγει από τη μέγκενη των Βρυξελλών, του Βερολίνου και του ΔΝΤ, θα απογοητευτεί.

Ξεκινώντας από τη Γαλλία, δεν είναι μόνο η ακαμψία του Μοσκοβισί, ο οποίος συμπλέει απόλυτα με τους Γερμανούς σαδο-μονεταριστές, τους γραφειοφασίστες των Βρυξελλών και τη μαφία του ΔΝΤ. Είναι και η απόλυτη προσήλωση του Ολάντ να ευθυγραμμιστεί πλήρως με τις επιταγές του κατεστημένου της νέας Φεουδαρχίας. Το απέδειξε άλλωστε πρόσφατα με τον αντι-εργατικό νόμο που κατάφερε τελικά να περάσει, παρά τις σφοδρές αντιδράσεις και παρά το ότι η δημοτικότητά του έχει πάρει την κατρακύλα.

Τα πράγματα δεν είναι καλύτερα όσον αφορά την Ισπανία. Στις πρόσφατες εκλογές, ο πολιτικός φίλος του Αλέξη Τσίπρα από τους Ποδέμος, Πάμπλο Ιγκλέσιας, δεν κατάφερε να αυξήσει τις δυνάμεις του παρά τη συμμαχία με τα υπόλοιπα μικρότερα κόμματα της Αριστεράς. Αντίθετα, ο Ραχόι, παρά τα σκάνδαλα, τη λιτότητα και την επιδημία εξώσεων επί των ημερών του, κατάφερε να διατηρήσει τις δυνάμεις του και έκανε μια πρώτη απόπειρα για συμμαχία με το δεκανίκι του νεοφιλελεύθερου κατεστημένου, τους "Θιουδαδάνος" (το αντίστοιχο "Ποτάμι" της Ισπανίας). Είναι απίθανο να καταφέρει ο Τσίπρας να βρει συμμάχους μέσα σ'αυτή τη συνεχιζόμενη πολιτική αβεβαιότητα. Φυσικά, δεν συζητάμε την πιθανότητα συμμαχίας με τον Ραχόι που είναι απόλυτα πιστός στη Μέρκελ και στις επιβαλλόμενες πολιτικές των Βρυξελλών και του Βερολίνου.

Αλλά ούτε και στην Ιταλία φαίνεται ότι μπορεί να βρει κάποιο ίχνος σοβαρής συμμαχίας ο Τσίπρας. Ο Ματέο Ρέντζι αποδεικνύεται κατώτερος του μετρίου και εντελώς ανίκανος να εκμεταλλευτεί το "ειδικό βάρος" της χώρας του, πολύ περισσότερο μετά την πιθανή αποχώρηση της Βρετανίας από την Ευρωπαϊκή Ένωση. Αποδείχθηκε άλλωστε και με την πρόσφατη απόπειρα που έκανε προκειμένου να παίξει κάποιο ρόλο, τη συνάντηση στην Ιταλία με Μέρκελ και Ολάντ. Τίποτα το ουσιαστικό δεν βγήκε, πέρα από τα γνωστά κλισέ περί Ευρώπης που παραμένει ζωντανή μετά το Brexit, περί καταστροφικής λιτότητας, κ.λ.π.

Οι πολιτικοί κλόουν του ευρω-τσίρκου συνεχίζουν να αναλώνονται σε ευχολόγια, παίζοντας το γνωστό θέατρο, αφού την ίδια στιγμή περνάνε τα βάρβαρα μέτρα κατά των λαών τους, όπως επιτάσσει το νεοφιλελεύθερο κατεστημένο. Ότι και να κάνει, όπου και αν στραφεί, ο Τσίπρας αναγκάζεται να εφαρμόσει μέχρι και την τελευταία λεπτομέρεια του βάρβαρου νεοφιλελεύθερου πειράματος, έχοντας τη Δαμόκλειο σπάθη της άτακτης χρεοκοπίας να κρέμεται πάνω από το κεφάλι του.

Αν πραγματικά θέλει να αποδείξει ότι δεν αποτελεί και αυτός μέλος του θιάσου, πρέπει να σταματήσει τις ανούσιες απόπειρες για αδιέξοδες συμμαχίες και να ξεκινήσει άμεσα τις απαραίτητες διεργασίες, έστω και την ύστατη στιγμή, για ένα σοβαρό σχέδιο επιστροφής της χώρας σε εθνικό νόμισμα.

Αν έπρεπε να έχει ήδη έτοιμο σχέδιο όταν ανέλαβε την εξουσία, προκειμένου να αντιμετωπίσει με αξιώσεις τις ευρω-ύαινες και τη μαφία του ΔΝΤ, ίσως τώρα επιβάλλεται περισσότερο από ποτέ να το ετοιμάσει, αφού η θύελλα μπορεί να ξεσπάσει από στιγμή σε στιγμή και πραγματικά, κανείς δεν μπορεί να γνωρίζει τι θα φέρει η επόμενη μέρα.

From drone killings to hospital bombings: 15 years of civilian deaths in the global war on terror

Doctors Without Borders asked ‘the U.S., U.K. and France to ensure an immediate application of measures to substantially increase the protection of civilians’ after the latest deadly hospital bombing in Yemen.

by Kit O'Connell

The recent bombing of a hospital in northwestern Yemen has drawn international outrage and new criticism of the Saudi-led, U.S.-backed forces fighting there, but it’s just the latest in a slew of war crimes committed over the past 15 years in the name of the U.S.-backed global war on terror.

Nineteen people were killed and 24 were injured in the Aug. 15 bombing, which struck Abs Hospital in northwestern Yemen. Among the dead was Abdul Kareem al Hakeemi, a staff member of Doctors Without Borders (frequently referred to by its French name, Médecins sans Frontières, or MSF).

It was the fourth and deadliest bombing of an MSF-supported hospital since the attacks on Yemen began in early 2015, leading the NGO to evacuate its six hospitals in the region three days later.

This latest incident shows that the current rules of engagement, military protocols and procedures are inadequate in avoiding attacks on hospitals and need revision and changes,” said Joan Tubau, MSF general director, in a press release. “MSF asks the Saudi-led coalition and the governments supporting the coalition, particularly the U.S., U.K. and France, to ensure an immediate application of measures to substantially increase the protection of civilians.”

The Saudi-led coalition began bombing in March 2015, after the Houthis took power in Yemen. That bombing campaign has deliberately targeted schools, health care facilities, homes and businesses, and other critical civilian infrastructure like bridges, killing about 10,000 people, creating almost 180,000 refugees, and putting 370,000 children at risk of starvation.

The State Department rebuked the Saudis over the latest hospital bombing, and the United States has withdrawn most of its military support staff from the war. Some are calling on Congress to put an end to U.S. military sales to Saudi Arabia in light of these human rights violations. However, there’s little indication that there will be any change to the American foreign policy that supports conflict and instability in the Middle East.

U.S. forces infamously bombed an MSF hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, in October, killing 42 civilians, including multiple MSF doctors and staff. In April, NPR suggested the Kunduz attack was part of a trend of war crimes against hospitals that’s growing worse over time.

Regardless of what degree of responsibility the U.S. bears for the increasing lack of safety at hospitals and medical facilities in war zones, it’s hard to deny that American foreign policy has put civilians squarely in the crosshairs. U.S. wars in the Middle East have killed as many as 4 million civilians and directly contributed to the instability in the region, including the rise of terrorism and suicide bombing.

One example of Washington’s deadly foreign policy is the use of predator drones, a staple of the Obama administration, despite the fact that U.S. drone strikes have killed mostly civilians.

In June, Mnar Muhawesh, MintPress News’ founder and host of “Behind the Headline,” questioned how a Nobel Peace Prize winner came to create a global policy of assassination and endless war, almost from the very first day of his administration.

On his third day in office, Obama authorized two drone strikes in Pakistan, killing over a dozen civilians,” Muhawesh said, noting:

It set the tone for an administration that’s killed thousands by weaponized unmanned aerial vehicles, the vast majority of whom did nothing to deserve their fate except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time; the vast majority of whom the U.S. fails to recognize as victims in the ever-expanding ‘war on terror.’”

Source, links, videos:


Related: